Scotch Guard Stains
When a person hears that carpeting or fabric upholstery has been Scotch Guard treated, there tends to be a perception that the product will never stain. Unfortunately, this couldn't be further from the truth. While Scotch Guard may be great at protecting fabric from most types of stains, there are still some stains that will get through this protective barrier. If you find yourself faced with those types of stains, here's what you need to do clean them off.
- Gather materials. Whenever you are cleaning anything, the very first step is to gather the proper tools and materials for the job. In this case, you need to get a vacuum cleaner, some denatured rubbing alcohol, and a soft clean rag.
- Vacuum. Use your vacuum to remove all the loose dirt and debris that may be part of the stain. This step helps prepare your couch for a more in-depth cleaning and helps you determine if there is an actual stain that needs to be washed away.
- Wash. Surprisingly about the only thing that will remove stains from fabric that has been protected by Scotch Guard is denatured alcohol. Be careful when using it though; do not apply the alcohol directly to the stain, rather you need to apply it to the clean rag you have set aside. Once you have applied some of the alcohol to your cleaning rag, proceed to "wash" away the stain. Continue working at the stain, rinsing out the cloth as needed and reapplying the alcohol until you believe the stain has been removed.
- Dry. Allow the wet (and by now clean) area to completely dry. This process can take anywhere from five minutes to an hour. While the affected area is drying make sure that you do not allow anyone to touch it so it does not become stained again.
- Inspect. After the area has completely dried, take time to inspect the area you just cleaned to see if there are any remains of the stain. If so, repeat steps two through four until the stain has been removed.
Tough Tools for Tough Cleaning Jobs O-Cel-O sponges and Scotch Brite scrubbers are truly a fashion-meets-function success story. The highly absorbent and durable sponges in this handy six-pack make quick work of tough cleaning problems in any kitchen, bathroom, or garage. Check out Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scrub Sponges today!
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form below!)