Scotch Guard Stains
When a person hears that carpeting or fabric upholstery has been Scotch Guard treated, there tends to be a perception that the product will never stain. Unfortunately, this couldn't be further from the truth. While Scotch Guard may be great at protecting fabric from most types of stains, there are still some stains that will get through this protective barrier. If you find yourself faced with those types of stains, here's what you need to do clean them off.
- Gather materials. Whenever you are cleaning anything, the very first step is to gather the proper tools and materials for the job. In this case, you need to get a vacuum cleaner, some denatured rubbing alcohol, and a soft clean rag.
- Vacuum. Use your vacuum to remove all the loose dirt and debris that may be part of the stain. This step helps prepare your couch for a more in-depth cleaning and helps you determine if there is an actual stain that needs to be washed away.
- Wash. Surprisingly about the only thing that will remove stains from fabric that has been protected by Scotch Guard is denatured alcohol. Be careful when using it though; do not apply the alcohol directly to the stain, rather you need to apply it to the clean rag you have set aside. Once you have applied some of the alcohol to your cleaning rag, proceed to "wash" away the stain. Continue working at the stain, rinsing out the cloth as needed and reapplying the alcohol until you believe the stain has been removed.
- Dry. Allow the wet (and by now clean) area to completely dry. This process can take anywhere from five minutes to an hour. While the affected area is drying make sure that you do not allow anyone to touch it so it does not become stained again.
- Inspect. After the area has completely dried, take time to inspect the area you just cleaned to see if there are any remains of the stain. If so, repeat steps two through four until the stain has been removed.
Remove Stubborn Stains Quickly Get everything looking clean again: Walls, floors, baseboards, counters, blinds, appliances, and more. Micro-scrubbers easily reach into surface grooves, lifting dirt away. This low-cost 8-pack is great for stubborn stains and touble areas. Check out Mr. Clean Magic Eraser 8-Pack today!
Leave your own comment:
Comments for this tip:
Kathleen Mackenzie 28 Apr 2016, 08:51
I had my sofa treated with scotch guard. Cleaned off s jam stain but I have been left with a stain around where the initial stain was