Cleaning Your Interior Doors
The doors in many households often get neglected when cleaning assignments are handed out. Maybe that's because they don't get dirty as routinely as other surfaces. However, they still should be cleaned every once in awhile. The doorknob and the area right around it should be cleaned and sanitized frequently with either antibacterial wipes or spray cleaner and paper towels. Read on for some tips on how to clean all your interior doors.
- First, dust the top edge of the door frame. Use a soft cloth, slightly dampened, which is more effective than a feather duster.
- Clean the frame all around the door, getting off all smudges and fingerprints. You can either spot-clean using a spray cleaner and paper towel or rag, or you can use a bucket of warm, soapy water and a sponge, but be sure to also dry it with a soft cloth if you use the latter method.
- If you have a varnished wood door, use Murphy Oil Soap to clean it. Apply the oil soap to a rag and wipe the entire surface of the door in the direction of the grain. Then use another soft rag to dry the door, removing any excess cleaner. This will also buff the door to a shine for a beautiful result.
- Painted doors can be cleaned with either warm soapy water and a sponge or an all-purpose spray cleaner. Wipe the door from top to bottom, being sure to thoroughly clean any grooves or ledges on the door's surface.
- Also remember to scrub the narrow inner edge of the door (the part you can't see when the door is closed). This surface can get very dirty at hand level if members of the household grab the door instead of the handle to pull it closed behind them.
- Use a clean, soft rag to dry the door completely after washing it.
- Clean the door's knobs and any other hardware with a spray cleaner and a rag. If your fixtures are made of brass, you can pick up a special brass cleaner at a home improvement store. This will keep the brass looking its best.
- Oil any door hinges that may need it.
- Finally, use an antibacterial cleanser to sanitize the doorknob.
Repeat these steps on all the doors in your home. Once they're all shining clean, you'll be glad you did.
Keep Your Hardwood Floors Like New Bona's hardwood floor cleaner is the #1 choice of professionals. The no-residue formula is specially designed to be safe for floors, families, and the environment. Check out Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner Refill today!
Comments for this tip:
There are currently no comments for this tip. (Be the first to leave your comment—just use the simple form below!)
Leave your own comment: