Homemade Chrome Cleaners
Have you ever noticed just how expensive chrome cleaners can be? Why spend some of your money on something like that, when you can make a cleaner that works just as well and that is better for the environment, in your home? The trick to doing this though is finding a recipe that will actually work like it is supposed to. Surprisingly, the recipe is not one that is all that difficult to follow, and is made up of materials and items that you may already have lying around the house.
- Create the paste. The best available recipe is from creating a paste that is made from about 30 percent water and 70 percent baking soda, and about 10 small drops of liquid dishwashing soap. The best kinds of dishwashing soap is something like Dawn or Palmolive. Ideally you can make the paste in batches of about a cup, and store them in airtight jars.
- Use the paste. Apply the paste with a clean tooth brush, or soft bristled nylon brush, to the chrome. Allow it to set for a good 10 to 15 minutes, and then begin scrubbing it off. Do not let the paste completely dry before you begin scrubbing. Be sure that you also use a scrubber that is a soft plastic in nature so that you do not damage the chrome and make the cleaning job more difficult in the future.
- Rinse the paste. After you have scrubbed the paste and chrome, begin rinsing with a little bit of vinegar. Spray the vinegar onto the pasted area and scrub just a little bit more. Do not be surprised if there is a reaction between the baking soda and the vinegar, this is completely natural and to be expected.
- Rinse again. Once you have rinsed away the paste and vinegar, rinse the area again. This time use some clean cool water. Be sure that you get any and all remaining paste off of the chrome to ensure that you have everything looking its best. When you are finished, be sure to thoroughly dry the chrome to prevent any water spots from forming.
- Prevention is key! The best way to keep your chrome looking great is to take a few steps. By taking a few minutes to wipe down the chrome anytime it get's wet will help prevent unsightly water spots and rings. By doing some general cleaning on a weekly basis will help cut back on your deep cleaning that you should do at least every other month.
Remove Stubborn Stains Quickly Get everything looking clean again: Walls, floors, baseboards, counters, blinds, appliances, and more. Micro-scrubbers easily reach into surface grooves, lifting dirt away. This low-cost 8-pack is great for stubborn stains and touble areas. Check out Mr. Clean Magic Eraser 8-Pack today!
Comments for this tip:
Brenda 15 Jul 2014, 21:42
This recipe for the chrome cleaner works perfectly. I will recommend it to everyone.
Leave your own comment: