Of all the stains in the world, one of the most difficult to remove is a grease stain. After all, what can really get out those nasty stains that never want to get out, and always seem to grow more stubborn every time you wash. The biggest reason this kind of stain becomes so difficult to clean is that often we don't catch them until after they have been through the dryer. When this happens, the dryer has helped to set the stain, which makes it more difficult to clean. Keep in mind, that even in situations like this, grease stains can be removed. Here's how.
- Dishwashing detergent. One great way for grease stain removal is to use a liquid dishwashing detergent, such as Dawn, to "pre-treat" the stain. What this means is that you rub a dab of the detergent into the stain, and allow it to sit for about twenty-four hours. After the time limit has expired, simply wash the clothing as normal. The grease fighting action that such detergents have will typically work wonders on all kinds of grease stains.
- Commercial cleaners. There are products such as M-30, Awsome, Greased Lightning, and more, that you can purchase at your local dollar store that will work wonders at grease stain removals. When you use these types of cleaners, you will want to first test the cleaner on an inconspicuous part of the clothing to ensure it doesn't harm the cloth. Then you will simply spray some of the cleaner onto the stain, and allow it to sit for about twenty minutes. Once the time has passed, wash the clothing as normal.
- Murphy's Oil Soap. Surprisingly, one of the best ways for grease stain removal is to use a product that wasn't really designed for cleaning clothes. Apply a little of the product to the stain and wash the clothes as normal. Keep in mind that if you use this method, while you will get the stain out, your clothes may end up smelling like Murphy's Oil Soap. For situations like that, you may want to wash the clothes again to remove the smell.
- Hide the stains. While it may not effectively remove the grease stain, hiding the stains with decorations could be an effective way to "repair" the clothing. Simply add a decorative patch, perhaps a stripe, or something else that can make the clothing different, yet still attractive to you. Have a little fun, and try a few things. At the very worst, you won't be in any worse of a situation than you already are.
- TSP. One of the most effective methods for grease stain removal is to use a product which has Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) in it. There is even a product with that specific name. While this product will remove just about every kind of conceivable stain, it can also be harsh on the clothing so you will want to be careful when using it. Mix a quart of the solution following the instructions on the label of the product. Apply the mixture to the stain by gently scrubbing the stain in a circular motion with an old toothbrush. Allow the cleanser to sit for twenty minutes, then wash as normal.
Many people think that cleaning makeup stains from wool is going to be next to impossible. After all, while cleaning wool ...
Some creases are just impossible to get out with the iron and it can be so frustrating. Fortunately there are ways to ...
Baa, baa black sheep, have you any wool? Yes, but it's all dirty! We can find wool all over the home. In fact, it is in ...