Removing the Odor of Sickness
There is a distinct odor that can be associated to anyone that is either chronically or terminally ill. This has been attributed to be caused by the toxins being released from the body. What really causes the odor isn't all that important. What is important is removing the odor of sickness. Luckily there are a few methods that you can use that will allow you to help deal with this problem.
- Wash thoroughly. One of the more traditional methods for removing the odor of sickness is to wash the items thoroughly. This usually entails filling the washing machine with warm water, adding the detergent and letting it run for about five minutes. After the time has elapsed you add two cups of Clorox, or a similar cleaning agent, and then run for another five minutes. Allow the items to stay in the washing machine for about 30 minutes, and then rinse as normal. If at all possible, allow the items to drip dry on a clothes line to ensure maximum freshness.
- Commercial chemicals. Add some commercial chemicals, such as Febreeze or Odoban, to your laundry and enjoy the results. Usually all that you will have to add is about one or two cups to the wash and it will get the job done.
- Homemade remedies. Another method for removing the odor of sickness is to use some homemade remedies. One that works especially well is to allow the items in a large tub of hot water and baking soda for a couple of hours, and then washing as normal. In addition to the baking soda, you can also add a little bit of vanilla oil or eucalyptus oil and wash as normal. These two oils will help give the cleaning power of the baking soda and laundry detergent an extra kick.
- Mechanical options. There are mechanical options for removing just about any kind of odor, including the odor of sickness. These methods usually entail using some type of ionizer or ozone machine. Such machines will help remove just about any kind of scent or odor by simply plugging the machine in and letting it run for 15 to 30 minutes. After the time has elapsed, turn the machine off and enjoy the clean odor free room.
- Use sunlight. Whatever method that you use to help remove the odor of sickness, allow the items to drip dry in the sunlight. The sunlight will often help remove or kill the bacteria that cause the odors. If you find that the odor has infused a room, then try to open up as many windows as you possibly can on a nice sunny day. It should work about as well as if you were hanging your sheets out on a laundry line to dry out.
You would think that washing black clothes would be a fairly simple prospect. After all, it's only logical that dirt or ...
Crochet work, because it is so delicate, often requires a little special attention when cleaning. Just because it ...
Laundry day is crazy and you're probably willing to follow any advice that will make it less so. By following this simple ...