Everyone knows that mold thrives in moist, damp and warm areas. It can be found in places such as the bathroom, on a windowsill, in shower curtains, or even on walls. Even your clothing can be contaminated by mold if you aren't careful. Using proper mold cleaning strategies can help ensure that you do not have to face the problem of mold.
- Prevention is worth an ounce of cure. It has long been said that it is better to prevent a problem from forming, than to deal with one later on. Well, how to prevent mold forming? In large part it depends on the material you are talking about. For example, never fold damp clothing, linen or blankets before it has completely dried.
- Separate and quarantine. Clothing, or bedding with mold stains, should not be washed with the rest of the laundry as there may still be mold spores in it..
- Shelves need to be checked. Clean the shelves where mold has formed with a mild bleach solution or vinegar before replacing any item.
- Shower curtains are particularly susceptible. Mold formed on the shower curtain can be prevented by fully closing it after use to allow any water to run off of the curtain. If there is mold forming on the shower curtain already, wipe it off with a damp cloth and cleaning agent such as window or bathroom cleaner.
- Keep an eye out for potential problems. Keep an eye out for dank, dark areas of your home, and make sure that they are cleaned regularly and dried as much as possible. As long as the moisture source is not dealt with, i.e. a simple leak that's ignored, mold will not go away.
- Don't be afraid to replace items. Not all mold stains can be removed and items restored to their original appearance. Where mold has damaged an absorbent or porous material, such as ceiling board or carpets, to the extent where it cannot be cleaned properly, dispose of the spoiled items and replace them.
- Check your food. Food such as bread, flour, or any other contaminated groceries, should be placed in plastic bags before it is placed in the trash. To prevent mold from forming on bread, be sure to dry any surface or bread box before placing the bread on or in it. If there is no ventilation in the bread box, mold will form in a very short time.
- Vinegar can remove mold. Mold on wooden carving boards may be cleaned with vinegar. Dry the cutting board or any other kitchen utensil thoroughly before placing it back in its place. Refrain from using more harsh chemicals as it may be poisonous or unhealthy to animals and people.
Mud and soil are gross and unfortunately just happen sometimes. Sometimes those stains however are impossible to remove ...
Mildew is an obnoxious type of mold that is commonly found in damp areas in houses. If trying to prevent the mildew from ...
Removing paint from tile, while frustrating, is entirely possible. All you need to do is know how, and apply a little bit ...