Removing Rubber Stains from Bathroom Floors
While bathmats is a wonderful thing that can help protect your feet from a cold bathroom floor after you have taken a shower or bath, they often come with a small problem. That problem is that they can very easily leave a nasty stain behind if you don't take the proper precautions. Removing rubber stains from bathroom floors is possible, though it may require that you use some extreme methods. Here is the easiest method that you can use to ensure that you get your linoleum floor looking great again.
- Warm water
- Mild degreasing dish soap
- Linoleum cleaner
- Sponge or soft rag
- Vinegar (white or apple)
- Tennis ball
- Steel wool
- Clean the floor. Begin by cleaning the entire floor with either a vacuum or a broom. Only use a vacuum to clean your floor if it will not leave any additional marks behind. Do as thorough of a job as you possibly can, to avoid making a bigger mess later on.
- Create a floor cleaner. Make your own "homemade" floor cleaner by mixing together some hot water, a mild degreasing soap dish, and some linoleum cleaner into a large bucket. Be careful that you don't mix together anything that has either ammonia or chlorine when you do this, as if you do you can end up making a poison gas. Once you have mixed the ingredients together, you will have a nice warm, soapy mixture that you can easily use to clean the floor completely. Once you have done that, completely mop the floor to ensure that it is as clean as possible.
- Spot clean the stain. Fill a spray bottle half way up with some water, and then the rest of the way with some vinegar. Spray this mixture directly onto the stain, and then clean it up by gently rubbing it away with a sponge or clean rag. This should be all that you need to do if it is only a light stain.
- Scrub the stain. If you still have a persistent stain, spray some more of the diluted vinegar. Once you have done that, take a tennis ball and begin to scrub away the stain. As the tennis ball becomes discolored, simply rotate the ball until you have a clean area to work with. If, after using the tennis ball, you still haven't been able to remove the stain it is time to use more extreme methods. Pour a little more of the vinegar mixture onto the stain, and then begin using some steel wool to remove the stain. Make sure that you don't press to harshly or you can end up permanently damaging the flooring.
- Repeat as necessary. Once you have run through all of the scrubbing options, take a moment to inspect your work. If you still find that you have some stain remaining, then you may need to repeat all of the steps again to ensure that you get the job done.
Try these tips to clean your bathroom vanity once a week. All you'll need is some vinegar, rubbing alcohol, a spray bottle, a ...
Chances are you haven't cleaned your bathroom fixtures in quite a while. It's just one of those jobs we don't think about ...
Have you ever noticed just how well hair coloring works? Anything that it comes into contact with will definitely have a new ...