Removing Burnt Food Smoke Odors
Have you ever noticed just how bad the smell of burnt food is? It seems like whenever you accidentally burn something in your kitchen you can find it everywhere in your home. Often times the smell is so bad that it seems like you can't really ever get rid of it, however it doesn't need to be that way. Here are a few simple steps that you can use to begin removing burn food smoke odors from your home.
- Get rid of the food. The first step in removing burnt food smoke odors is to actually remove the burnt food. When you are disposing of the burnt food, don't simply throw it away in the kitchen garbage can. Rather, you should get it out of the house, and dispose of it that way.
- Open all windows. Get some fresh air into the mix, and help remove the smoke. Do this by opening all the windows in your home, and if you have any available, turn on a few fans. This will help start the air circulating and help to force the smoke and odor out of the home. Keep the windows open while you continue with the remaining steps.
- Bake something. A very effective method for removing burnt food smoke odors is to actually bake something in your oven. The scent of baking cookies, brownies, or similar items can often overpower and help hide the burnt smoke. If you don't have any cookie dough, or simply aren't in the mood for any cookies, then you can always try an inexpensive alternative. Place some sugar, cinnamon, and a tablespoon of butter onto a baking sheet. Turn the oven to a temperature of 200 degrees, and place the baking sheet into the oven for about three hours.
- Use some fresheners. Use some air fresheners to help mask or remove the odor. Keep in mind that you may need to use quite a bit of the stuff, but it can be helpful to remove the odor if you use it in conjunction with the other methods listed here. However, if you or a member of your family happens to have allergies, you may not want to use this particular step.
- Boil some lemon and cloves. Get a medium sized pot, and fill it with some water. Place it onto your oven, and turn the heat up to high, until it starts to boil. While you are waiting for the water to boil, cut up one large lemon into thin slices. Set the lemon slices to the side, and get a large handful of cloves. Put both the lemons and the cloves into the boiling water, and then reduce the temperature. Allow the mixture to simmer for about twenty minutes, and you should notice that odor of burnt food and smoke is gone.
You can clear the air in your home through natural or mechanical means. Plants, furnace filters, and range hoods can ...
When it comes to cleaning, fans are one of the most overlooked parts of a home. In large part this is because they are ...
The kitchen is one of those areas of the home that, if you are not very careful, can easily end up generating all kinds ...