Cleaning Around Teeth Braces
While braces are supposed to help correct some problems with teeth, they so also present a few unique issues that you will have to try and work around. The most notable of all of these issues is getting your teeth cleaned. Cleaning around teeth braces may seem like a bit of a hassle, and something that can't really be done all that effectively, but it is possible if you know a few simple guidelines and methods.
- Start with a clean slate. If you have been having problems getting the teeth around your braces really clean, then you should make an appointment with your dentist to have a thorough cleaning. This will ensure that you are able to start off with a clean slate, and keep it that way. After all, it is much easier to keep something clean than it is to get it back into that condition.
- Brush and clean frequently. Braces need to be cleaned frequently, and often. Despite the habit that most people have of only brushing their teeth twice a day, braces need to be cleaned after each time you eat. The reason for this is that braces have a tendency to catch and hold bits of food that can cause your teeth to rot if they aren't taken care of. At the very least, by cleaning your braces after each meal you will be less likely to have bad breath, and anything poking out of them.
- Lose the sugar. If at all possible you should lower the amount of sugary foods, sweets, and sodas that you consume. These items can often lead to tooth decay, and will typically help build up plaque on your teeth. The plaque that the sugar encourages to grow will build up along your gums and along the braces. Cut back on the sugar, and you can also help cut back on a lot of work.
- Use the right tools. When you first got your braces, chances are that the orthodontist also gave you a little cleaning tool that is called a proxy brush. This brush is also commonly known as the "Christmas Tree Brush" since it looks something like a Christmas tree. These brushes are designed to clean the spaces that are found in between the wires of your braces and the surface of the teeth. Make sure that you know how to use it properly, and that you use it each time you clean your teeth.
- Get regular checkups. Don't forget to get regular checkups with both your dentist and your orthodontist. The dentist's office can make sure that you are keeping your teeth and braces nice and clean, while also offering some additional advice if you find yourself facing some difficulties. The orthodontist can check to make sure that there are no problems with your braces while also offering some advice if you still need it.
Teeth naturally yellow over time, but products exist to help lessen the effect. Make sure to brush and floss regularly. ...
You can protect your nails with lemon juice. For natural relief from fungus stains, try Vicks Vapor Rub or grape seed ...
Teeth naturally build up tartar and plaque, and daily brushing will not get rid of it all. Make sure to brush daily with ...