Removing Cranberry Juice from Carpeting
Cranberry juice is a wonderful thing, particularly when you aren't feeling very well. However, just as with any other kind of drink, there is the possibility that you could spill the juice. If that happens while you are standing on some carpeting, then the result is a huge stain that can be fairly difficult to remove. Well, removing cranberry juice from carpeting doesn't have to be particularly difficult anymore, particularly if you follow the method described here. While it may be a little time consuming, it is not difficult.
- Make a cleaning solution. When you start removing cranberry juice from carpeting, it is always a good idea to start with the simple stuff, and work your way up. In this case, this means that you first start off with a cleaning solution made from one tablespoon of liquid dishwashing soap (such as Dawn or Palmolive) and two cups of cool water. Mix everything together well.
- Sponge and blot the stain. Use a clean white cloth, and begin sponging the cleaning solution onto the stained area of the carpet. Blot the stained area until you see some of the stain begin to come up. Repeat the sponging and blotting process until you cannot remove any more of the stain from the carpet, you may need to change the cloth a few times, don't worry.
- Carefully use ammonia. For particularly difficult stains, you may want to consider using some ammonia bleach, mixed with some water. Since this is a fairly drastic measure though, you want to be sure that you save it for last, and that you test the solution out in an inconspicuous area of the carpet where you will be able to see if there is any adverse effects. For your ammonia cleaning solution, simply mix together one tablespoon of ammonia bleach with two cups of cool water.
- Sponge and blot the stain. As before, you want to use a clean white cloth to sponge and blot the stain. Continue to sponge and blot the area until you have been able to remove the stain, or until you notice that the stain is no longer transferring to your white cloth.
- Rinse and dry the area. Rinse the now cleaned area by sponging some cool water onto it. Use the same methods for sponging as you did in steps two and four. Blot the area that you have been working on until it is completely dry.
Bamboo houseplants are a fresh, beautiful way to leave a decorative mark on any room, but if you aren't careful, they can ...
PresStick, or Blu-Tack as it is also known, can be both a blessing and a curse. A blessing in the sense that this ...
Kids love gelatin snacks, such as Jell-O. Unfortunately, kids and Jell-O also mean that stains aren't that far away. If ...